Posts about this and that.

onsdag 24 februari 2010

Yay!

I have been tinkering a lot with the ship controls. I started out by using a click-and-go-there style of navigation. I even provided a little window with a little list in it, with objects you could click on and the ship would go there.
I then rewrote it to a more you-really-are-at-the-controls-(tryandnotfuckitup!kthnxbye) style, and it felt great. But I think that most people would prefer the former, so I rewrote it all again. I'm aiming for a bit more casual style, and clicking on things to make it happen fits in that category.

Sadly, this means that I have to do much more coding! Like make the ships avoid asteroids and stuff! And thats hard!
I had a pretty good algorithm worked out, and I gave it a shot. It didn't work out as I planned. I still think the algorithm is sound, but I don't feel like wasting energy on it right now. I don't want it to be the issue that kills my motivation. So I ignored it, for now. If you want to fly around something, either click on another object and fly towards it until your real destination is in view, or do what I do... Click on where you want to go, and then you go and make a cup of tea while the spaceship bangs its nosecone into the asteroids until it accidentally gets by it.

Tomorrow, I will start hacking on the mining part. After that it's time to add battle.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar