Posts about this and that.

söndag 13 december 2009

Also this

I have read a couple of articles online about publishing indie games. What's the difference between indie and, let's say, "bed room coder"? What is the definition of indie? Am I an indie? Is my game it? I'm not going to sell the game, it will be free for everyone, but that shouldn't matter, right? Since it's not backed up by a publisher I will assume it's indie. Not that I care much, really. Just a bit curious.

The only reason I'm thinking in these lines is that for the first time I might get payed for releasing a game. Not directly, but through ads. But not ads inside the game, so you should not have to worry. I'm going to upload the games to some portals that share the ads money they get. I don't think I'm going to get rich, but some tea money would not hurt.

One article said I should have a homepage, so I guess I should look around. I don't feel like paying for one so I guess my options is a bit limited. I'm horrible when it comes to remember to update a homepage. But I'm also horrible when it comes to remember to update a blog. But I have improved a lot in the latter, so maybe it's time to get a page again. At least I will have a place to upload the game to once it's done.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar